Did you know that there’s a National Underwear Day? Yep, me neither. Apparently, this year it was on August 5th and we missed it! It was the 10th anniversary no less. The internet is a dangerous, dangerous toy, my friends, to give me facts like these.
Plus, there’s video. Dang.
You know what we’ll be seeing here at More Cowbell in August every year, right? Thasss right! Serious Undies Homage. Note: For other posts on this topic, click here.
In honor of the BIG DAY, I’ve provided you with 8
mostly true facts about UNDIES. Since it’s August, I thought I’d keep up my “8 Points” theme. I did 8 Entertaining Parenting Tips on Saturday and 8 Social Media Tips last Friday at Writers In The Storm. Today I’m over there talking about some more social media.
But on this fine Monday, 8 days after National Underwear Day, I thought we’d entertain ourselves with some crack-me-up facts:
1. Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men. (I’m dying to know why.)
2. The loincloth is both the simplest and the most popular form of underwear. It was probably the first undergarment worn by human beings.
3. I freaking knew panty hose was invented by a man!
Panty hose, which combined panties and hose into one garment, made their first appearance in 1959, invented by Glen Raven Mills of North Carolina. The company later introduced seamless panty hose in the 1965, spurred by the popularity of the miniskirt.
4. There’s a blog called The Pantsless Postman – their slogan is “saving the world from ancient undies, one delivery at a time.” (LOVE it!)
The aforementioned Pantsless Postman has a blog called 15 Funny Facts about Underwear. It also has my fave Undies Photo this month (see below).
It’s so “Olympics,” don’t you think?
My two favorites of the fifteen are listed below as #5 and #6…
5. Your mother’s advice to wear clean underwear in case of being hit by a bus isn’t as useful as it sounds. No one who is even close to being hit by a bus leaves the situation with clean underwear. I’m just sayin…
6. According to the 2010 International Underwear Survey (which I sooo want to read!), doctors wear the same pair of undies for the most days in a row. It’s safe to assume that not all their instruments are sterile…
7. Some believe that undie color matters.
Red increases vitality and energy , stimulates the adrenal glands and warms the body. Good for every day use for more energy but especially good for exercising, working long hours or a night on the town, and if the body needs stimulating as red excites the body.
Orange opens up the emotions and is great for communication. Orange is an antidepressant and benefits the digestive system and strengthens the immune system. Good to wear for family reunions! (OMG, I am DYING over this family reunion thing.)
8. The preferred type of undies here at More Cowbell is Cheekies. I wouldn’t have believed it either, but y’all voted and everything.
What “Undie Facts” have I missed on this fine Monday morning? What’s your favorite in the eight I mentioned above? Did you celebrate National Underwear Day without telling me? Enquiring minds LOVE to know these things here at More Cowbell!