It’s been a NaNoWriMo balancing act this week here at More Cowbell so this check-in post is a teensy bit late.
On the upside, we’ve had two posts to help you get ready for NaNo already this week.
- Monday’s post was about underpants, and I seriously doubt it will help you with NaNoWriMo. Maybe you’ll surprise me.
- But Tuesday’s post (Writing Lessons From The Late Great Stephen J Cannell) broke down 3-Act structure in easy to understand form.
- Wednesday’s post (4 Steps For Organizing Plot Ideas Into a Novel) was specifically to help those of us trying to organize ourselves to complete a 50,000 word first draft into something cohesive and saleable. Jody Hedland gave us this golden gem and it’s definitely worth a read.🙂
Last but not least, have you voted in the Rock The ROW Twitter Party Photo Competition? Hurry up! I’m turning the results in to Kait by Friday morning.
On the downside, I’m late in posting my goals and progress!
- Finish NaNoWriMo with at least 25,000 words on my WIP. That should be enough to finish the first draft of the high-risk pregnancy memoir.
- Continue to post my regular features – More Cowbell Monday, Techie Tuesday, Thoughty Thursday, Lovin’/Life List Friday and Risky Baby Business on Saturdays. Plus I want to check-in once a week at least for ROW80.
- I want to continue to comment on at least two new people everytime I check in for ROW80 – I’ve met some great peeps this way!
- I’m meeting my blog goals and still having a great time. The More Cowbell posse of commenters continues to make me laugh every day.
- I’ve been reading posts like the ones listed above as well as anything on structure in an effort to get ready for NaNo. My favorites are listed below the progress section.
- I’m trying to get more active on Facebook. It’s really not my favorite platform, but I’m trying.🙂
- I did my first timed sprint today with K.B. Owen and it ROCKED. We both felt like we made progress. 40-45 minutes seems like the perfect amount of time for a sprint. I’ve also lined up Lena Corazon for some late-night sprints in the coming weeks. So exciting!
- Last but not least, I’m trying to get two weeks ahead on my blog in anticipation of a busy November. It’s NaNo, my birthday AND Thanksgiving. Oh my.
Hopefully your writing is going well this week. I’m going to take time tomorrow to read through the LinkyTool posts. Here are the posts I’ve found the most helpful for NaNoWriMo planning:
- Jody Hedlund made my day today with her 4 Steps For Organizing Plot Ideas Into a Novel. The character worksheets are amazing.
- Larry Brooks at StoryFix has a 31 day series for October called Nail Your NaNoWriMo. I’ve linked to post #1 – as of today he’s on post #19. If you are a writer who’s considering the NaNoWriMo challenge, run to StoryFix and catch up these posts.
- Any of Kristen Lamb’s posts about structure. She gives wonderful advice to keep you on track.
If you’re doing NaNoWriMo, have you been to the website yet? Have you set up your NaNo profile? Have you revised your ROW80 goals? Found a ROWBro or ROWSis to help you be accountable? Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell.🙂
As always, thanks for your support. Team ROW80 ROCKS!!!
REMINDER: Don’t forget…this Friday is Life List Friday and there’s gonna be a blog hop of major proportions. I heard a rumor that Sonia Madeiros is doing a hilarious post for y’all. Stay tuned!