Thanks for all who participated in last Friday’s Pimp or Promote Extravaganza. This blog wouldn’t be half as much fun without each and every one of you.
The pimpage that started it all, from Kristen Lamb and Chuck Wendig:
- What Ju-Jitsu Can Teach Us About Writing
- What Went Wrong With The Star Wars Prequels?
- Working Together to Renovate Publishing – the WANA Plan
- Blue Eggs From Bitch Chickens (or scenes from a Farmer’s Market)
- Transmissions from Baby-Town posts. My fave: Love In The Time of Diaper Changing
- Wendig Writing Gold: a link to all his 25 Things blogs
Blogs That Received The Most Love
- Catie Rhodes – Full-Tilt Backwoods Boogie
- Sherry Isaac’s blog tour next week (Jessica Aspen is hosting her today!) Find her on Facebook and follow her tour at: http://www.sherryisaac.com/Sherry_Isaac/Blog_Tour.html
- Gene Lempp –Unearthing the Future (raves about his “Designing From Bones” posts)
- Stacy Green – Turning The Page
- Tiffany A. White – The Ooo Factor (check out her Friday blog on the Kiss and Kill Murder)
- Amber West – A Day Without Sushi
News that generated a flurry of comments and a dance appearance by Snoopy
- Laura Drake got an agent last week! She’s my critique partner…can you tell I’m proud? Laura blogs over at Writers In The Storm.
- Gloria Richard has entered the social media pool with a Facebook page and a new Twitter account.
- Kristen Lamb got a lot of airtime (and rightfully so…) – her blog is a must-see. Additionally, one of her BFF’s David N. Walker popped over and is trying to build up his blog. Go show him some support if you get a minute.
- Amy Shojai wrote THREE new chapters on her current thriller. I highly recommend Amy’s Blog – Bling, Bitches & Blood. Especially if you have a pet, Amy is our pal MOST in the know.
- Amy recommends The Red Room for all authors.
- Jill Kemerer is about to finish her current WIP! p.s. Her blog rocks. 🙂
- Angela McGill (Curiocat) finished a short story called To Touch A Unicorn.
- Cheryel Hutton sent off a partial (she didn’t say to who) that tried to kick her butt. Of course, she triumphed…writers aren’t sissies.
- Danielle Meitiv just started Candace Haven’s Fast Draft Challenge and is loving it!
- Fae Rowen from Writers In The Storm is starting her first YA Sci Fi novel.
- Elizabeth Craig got a few plugs – one for her book, Finger Lickin’ Dead (w/a Riley Adams) and one for her Writer’s Knowledge Base.
- Last, but not least, Sharon Louise and K.B. (Kathy) Owen heaped love and pimpage on me and my webinars (thanks girls!).
Other Miscellaneous Recommendations
- Paranormal Freebies: http://paranormalfreebies,com
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s (amazing) blog on today’s publishing business: http://kriswrites.com/
- Funny Starbucks Drama blog: http://www.sbuxdrama.com/
- The Bloggess: http://thebloggess.com/2011/07/i-swear-i-dont-usually-post-about-my-cat-this-much/
- Joan Swan: http://www.joanswan.blogspot.com/
- Margie Lawson: http://www.margielawson.com/
- Hopefully, this summary will save you a bit of time in reading through the amazing number of comments you generated. Thanks again for the Friday fun. I think we’re gonna have to do that about once a quarter. Your brilliance was blinding. 🙂
I hope everyone is prepped to have a GREAT week. I’ll see you tomorrow for Techie Tuesday. I’m starting to get back into the ROW80 swing after a week of death and dying (my girlfriend’s mom did pass peacefully early last week).
What are your writing goals for this week? Did anyone post a Life List Club page? If so, please give us the link. Is there any promo or pimpage that you forgot to include in Friday’s comments? This is your last chance to get it out there!
FUN CONTEST ALERT
Regular visitors to More Cowbell know that I’m a software trainer by day and I give away a webinar every month to 15 commenters on this blog in my Let’s Meet Up Contest. Here is a chance to get your name in the webinar Hat of Love FIVE times!
At the bottom of Friday’s comments is one by Chuck Wendig, who I find hilariously funny. He signs off with “BTFO”, which cracks me up each time I see him use it.
Whoever comments first about what BTFO means and how it became Chuck’s slogan, you win. If the time stamps are close or there are really great/creative answers, I’ll pick up to three winners for today’s contest. Go!