Whether it’s the highs and lows of dating or relationship humor, Friday is always about love here at More Cowbell. Whatever form that takes…
THIS Friday it’s about love and appreciation from me to you. I’m taking a page out of Chuck Wendig’s book and throwing open the doors of the comments section for one of the following:
- Tell us about one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a book, a new direction your writing is taking you. You decide. Just tell us all about it in the comments! The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” at you, and potentially offer you tons of unsolicited advice about how to promote your project further. Note: Try not to lose your head over this in the length department – I don’t want to have to edit your glory.
- Pimp out somebody else’s work – this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person. The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” over this too.
I know, I know…normally it’s BAD FORM to do shameless self-promotion or pimpage on somebody else’s blog. But today you’re invited…and not just because it’s been a crazy week for me. I want to hear about what’s exciting in your life today. :-)
Since Kristen (aka The Lambo) turned me on to Chuck’s blog (and like 800 other things I needed to know), she gets to be first. Kristen is my social media maven. I highly recommend you visit her blog and let her be your maven too.
She posts on a broad range of topics but mostly about writing, blogging and social media. She slips in a variety of shiny jewels on her Free-For-All Fridays too, but the other topics are her mainstay. Especially if you’re new to Twitter or just starting a blog, Kristen will show you the ropes.
My fave posts of hers… God, where to start. *whining* Do I only get to pick three? Fine, here goes:
- What Ju-Jitsu Can Teach Us About Writing
- What Went Wrong With The Star Wars Prequels?
- Working Together to Renovate Publishing – the WANA Plan – this was the 1st Kristen post I ever read and she had me at ‘Hello.’
I could link to 20 more posts but I’ve gushed enough and it will mean more to have your own discovery journey. (The minute you’re done posting your comment here, run over there!) Besides being funny and informative, Kristen is loyal, driven, and a damn nice lady.
You might also you pick up copies of her best-selling books We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer . Both books are ON SALE for $4.99!!!! And both are recommended by the hottest agents and biggest authors in the biz.
On to Writing Prince Wendig…
Chuck Wendig’s voice manages to be unique, profane and kind…usually all at the same time. His writing advice is stellar – practical and HUGELY helpful. His posts about his new baby will make you snort your coffee. Put your cup down and swallow that sip you just took before clicking any of the links below.
Some of my favorite Chuck posts:
- Blue Eggs From Bitch Chickens (or scenes from a Farmer’s Market)
- His Transmissions from Baby-Town posts. I could not stop lauging during Love In The Time of Diaper Changing
- I don’t really know how to pick a fave writing post so here is a link to all of his 25 Things (about some writing topic) – you can pick your own favorite.
His books on writing are a treat to read (as long as you don’t mind foul language used with razor-sharp accuracy – I don’t). I have both of the books below and can vouch that they are gems:
As Chuck says, “You. Comments. Go.” The More Cowbell Party Line is now open!