About once a month, my collection of bloggy brilliance gets so big it must be spread around. That’s when y’all get a mashup of all the loveliness that has blown across my path.
You know I love to get my geek on so we’re going to start with…
Quirky, geeky fun!
- Peter Cashman at Mashable is a dude after my own heart. Check THIS out: Nerdy Illustrations Show the Force Is Strong With Dr. Seuss. (There’s a Cookie on My Wookie gets my vote!)
- From Time’s Techland, we have 50 Best Websites of 2012. Some of these are amazing!
- The Author Chronicles gave me 35 Fossil Words (which makes me so happy)!
Wonderful Writing Wisdom
Coupled with the Scrivener class I’m taking, this post from the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood, knocked the program outta the park for me. How To Use Scrivener for Plotting – Yowza!!
Plus, we have these four gems:
- A Mommy Writer pursuing Freelance Writing and BOY does she give the scoop…Like how much she makes.
- What’s App-ening? Using Apps to Write Everywhere by Patricia Shuler
- Chuck Wendig weighs in with 25 Things You Should Do Before Starting Your Next Novel
- Julie Musil does a great summary on Dan Wells’ 7 Point Plot system. Just in time for NaNoWriMo… I’ve been munching on the videos Julie links to, and they are yummy!
Saucy Social Media Offerings
I thought every single one of these posts was a must-read. You’ll have to tell me if you agree.
- Is Your Website at Risk from Hackers? 8 Ways To Protect Your Blog by Marcy Kennedy
- 5 Key Steps You Must Complete With EVERY Blog You Write by Marya Jan
- You remember Maureen Johnson from Friday’s Dare to Suck video? Well, here she is with another hilarious offering: Auntie MJ’s Internet School.
Holy Cowbell, these rock (& I don’t know where to put ’em)!
- Jess Witkin’s article on the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy is fantastic!
- Maya Angelou – A Woman Who Conquered Herself by ModernLifeBlogs
- For the entire month of October, Once A Month Mom brings us Gluten Free and Dairy Free Freezer Meals. WOOT!
As I roar into menopause, body image has become something I’m re-evaluating. August McLaughlin did an amazing post called, Body Image Mirrors: What Does Yours Reflect? Ginger Calem did a separate, equally fantastic, post called, Is Your Scale the Boss of You? Everyone – male and female – should read these posts.
Lisa Hall-Wilson blogs about her friend, Susan Minns, in The Red Shoe Effect. You simply must go watch these videos. Sooz is delightful (and so is Lisa).
The video at the end of this post made me cry: Jim Johnson – A Coach to Admire and Emulate by Meredith Bell.
I’m out there tweeting and Facebooking and just generally whooping it up with my pals on social media (y’all know you rock). I’m sure I must be connected to you on Facebook and Twitter since we adore each other so much, but just in case…
Also, while I’m on the topic of us getting to enjoy each other more, I’d like to take a poll on what your fave types of posts are here at More Cowbell, and what topics you might like to see more of. I’ll allow multiple entries so you can vote more than once if you need to, plus it’s multiple choice. Thank you for taking the time!
What bloggy brilliance have you stumbled across lately? Any more takers on Friday’s Fast Draft? (Definition of Fast Draft.) Which section of links got you the most fired up? Enquiring minds always want to know these things here at More Cowbell!