A full 7 days of crushing headaches and rollercoaster blood sugar. Add in some hunger pains, and there you had it.
Along about Tuesday, the headaches faded and my energy returned. It’s been smooth sailing ever since.
Home cooking experiments this week:
- Gluten-free pancakes with Red Mill pancake mix (I did a Bananas Foster kind of topping to offset how much more dry these pancakes are – the flavor rocked).
- Chicken enchiladas with gluten-free wraps from La Tortilla Factory.
- My favorite sweet snacks currently are Betty Lou’s fruit bars. Half a bar will do me.
The hardest thing has been figuring out how to eat out, but truly most places either have gluten-free menus or you can Google to see a forum where someone has done the research for you.
My fave restaurants on the gluten-free front (so far) are P.F. Chang’s, Outback and Wahoo’s. I was also hugely impressed with Ca’ Del Sole in North Hollywood where the gluten free is marked right on the main menu.
For any of you who’ve walked the gluten-free path before me, I’d love to hear about any of your favorite products or tips.
Really, besides blogging and walking (about 12 miles for the week), I’ve done nothing but try to get this gluten-free thing on track. It’s amazing how much time and energy a lifestyle change takes!
By the way, where are my Dirty Fighting Entries??
I’ve got NakedEditor Tiffany Lawson Inman standing by, expecting a flood of entries and it’s been more like a trickle! What are you waiting for? Your scene will be a max of 300 words, plus you get the chance to get a professional edit! I’m just sayin…
Plus, she’s done these FAB posts here at More Cowbell and over at Writers In The Storm:
- Self-editing Tips & Tricks: The Voice In My Head
- Don’t Let Thrillers Hog the Freezer!
- Too Quick To Tears: Emotional Timing is Everything
- Winners of the last Dirty Fighting Contest – scene dissections
Last but not least, if you’d like to encourage the rest of your ROW80 teammates, click here! There’s less than THREE weeks left in Round 1, so it’s pedal to the metal time if the end of this round is a deadline for you.
What’s up in your world this week? Have you crossed any tasks off your list or accomplished any goals you’re particularly proud of? Enquiring minds LOVE to know these things here at More Cowbell!