I love Fridays…
The work week is coming to a close. The weekend’s so close, you can practically taste it. And THIS weekend we have the Super Bowl, which is like the Oscars for most red-blooded American males.
What better Friday could there be for a PIMP or PROMOTE-fest?!!?
Thasss right…today, I’m opening up the comments for YOU to share whatever pimp-y or promotion-y sorts of things you’ve got circling your mind.
Start revving those engines for the comments section!
Remember PIMP = stuff about you
PROMO = grooviness about someone else
I’ll start us off with some PROMO. You know I like to share. Well, today I’m providing y’all with a list of some of the wonderful magical posts that have rocked my world over the last month or so. Below are posts that made me laugh, opened my eyes, touched my heart, solved a problem or taught me something cool.
p.s. If you’ve seen me commenting on your blog, I already think you’re magic. I’m looking to introduce you to some new fun places.🙂
Laughter and Informational Magic:
- Did you grow up with Dungeons & Dragons? Click here for info on a new D&D release.
- This is about the funniest thing I’ve seen on a blog EVER – thank you to Charlie Holmberg for turning me on to this post: Striking a Pose (Women & Fantasy Covers)
- August McLaughlin’s deeply moving post, Does Dirt Have Calories? My Story
- Ingrid Schaffenburg had me at her logline (Threadbare Gypsy Soul) but DO read her post, The Act of Commitment. It’s a lovely pep talk.
- I loved Fae Rowen’s idea of Using Chinese Personality Elements in Your Writing. Do you know what your element is?
- If your pitch/query/book jacket blurb is giving you fits (yep, I’m talking to you, Myndi), I highly recommend this post by Lydia Sharp.
- Have you ever wanted to know what Amazon/Kindle’s goals are? VERY interesting talk, and important facts for every writer to know. This video is worth your 20 mins.
- Emlyn Chand has a new series on What It Takes To Be Successful as an Indie Author – she did this as a case study using Terri Giuliano Long. There’s also a Part 2.
Social Media/Techie Magic:
- Jane Friedman’s post on the 3 Numbers That Matter To Your Platform.
- Have you every wondered how other people get those cool word trackers on their sidebars? Wonder no more! I bring you 6 Word Count Meters & Trackers for the Word Count Obsessed by Arachne Jericho.
I could easily name 10 or 20 more, but I want to hear more about what’s been rocking YOUR world lately. Fill me in on the latest and greatest excitement in your corner of the universe. Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!