From Kindness to Condoms, from Mardi Gras to Spunky Old Broads, February is filled with some really wacky (and diverse) holidays. For example, yesterday was Random Acts of Kindness Day – a day I dearly love. But today? Check out the holidays that fall on February 18th:
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – I actually love the cause for this one.
- Cow Milked While Flying In An Airplane Day (WTF??!)
- The Great American Spit Out (NOT what I thought it was, IYKWIM.)
- And my personal favorite, National Drink Wine Day.
That last one is a holiday I can totally jump on the oak casket for. We love wine in our house. Can you tell? (The photos below just show the reds.🙂 )
Looking for 25 other great reasons to celebrate during this very short month?
- Adopt A Rescued Rabbit Month (Link)
- American Heart Month
- Bake for Family Fun Month
- Dog Training Education Month (Link)
- Grapefruit Month (Link)
- International Boost Self-Esteem Month
- International Expect Success Month
- International Month of Black Women in The Arts (Link)
- Library Lovers Month
- Marijuana Awareness Month (Link)
- National African-American History Month (Link)
- National African-American Read-In (Link)
- National Condom Month (Link)
- National Children’s Dental Health Month
- National Haiku Writing Month (Link)
- National Laugh-Friendly Month (Link)
- National Parent Leadership Month
- National Time Management Month
- National Women Inventors Month
- Pull Your Sofa Off The Wall Month (How is this a “day?”)
- Relationship Wellness Month
- Responsible Pet Owner’s Month (Link)
- Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month (OMG, this is real too!)
- Spunky Old Broads Month
- Youth Leadership Month
In honor of #17 (Parent Leadership Month), here’s a video from those two guys I love, Tripp & Tyler, that’s guaranteed to make all the parental types laugh.
Especially if 2016 hasn’t been super kind to you so far, I figured you could use some extra reasons to celebrate. If February is already flipping your mojo the bird, perhaps you can hold out until next month when you can celebrate National Craft Month. Or Quinoa Month, for all my gluten free pals.
What are you celebrating today? What’s on your mind this Thoughty Thursday? Enquiring minds love to know these things here at More Cowbell!
Special thanks to http://www.brownielocks.com/ for most of the holiday links.
Photos purchased from DepositPhotos.