Several years ago, I went to a motivational seminar and saw Zig Ziglar live. Two words: Life Changing.
He wasn’t a young man by any means but he was the guy with the most energy and enthusiasm. I’ve never figured out how he could be animated and humble, fun and motivating, all at the same time but it was a gift just to watch him.
I found my notes from his long-ago talk and wanted to share them with you.
23 Gems from The Zig. Everyone one of them makes me smile.
- 90 percent of doctor’s visits are due to stress.
- The relationships that you have are most important – more than all other things combined.
- The more things you have that money won’t buy, the more things you’ll have that money will buy.
- Take what you already have to offer. When you recognize and use what you already know, you will be able to use these things to succeed.
- How you see yourself is what makes the biggest difference in the performance of your life.
- When you change your attitude and tell yourself positive messages, your life will change. A negative approach to life will reinforce what you CAN’T do. You need to be sure that you emphasize your talents, at least to yourself. You will get further.
- Every third person is remarkable handsome. Why can’t you be that third person?
- If you are somebody to anybody, then you are somebody.
- If we can make Pencillin out of moldy bread, then God can make something amazing out of you.
- You have to plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win.
- Your dreams are very important.
- A priority driven life is what you need to have.
- You need a balanced goal program: Physical, spiritual and mental.
- Work like you’re going on vacation every day.
- Find out things that you don’t know.
- OPTIMISM IS MOST IMPORTANT HIRING TRAIT.
- Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
- Do everything with integrity so that you have nothing to hide.
- God on the mountaintop is the same as God in the valley.
- Overcome the perception of what people think you are and embrace the reality of what you can become.
- You have to throw different pitchers to different batters.
- Understand the difference between refusal and rejection. When someone refuses you, they are saying they don’t know. No one can reject you unless you let them. You’ll go do your thing somewhere else.
- Communication is about heart.
Do you have a #24 to add to this list of wisdom? Which one is your favorite? What’s the most memorable piece of “life advice” you’ve heard lately? Enquiring minds always want to know these things here at More Cowbell!