After spending over a week in the Pacific Northwest, I had to use the word “plethora” in a post. Amazing, lush, and magical are all words I’d use to describe Orcas Island, WA (see left) . I loved it, and I promise to blog about it in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, here’s some magic I’ve been gathering for you over the last several weeks. Happy Techie Tuesday, y’all!
I sure missed you. 🙂
After being offline for a week, the first place I ran was to the blogs below. I knew that Gene Lempp, Roni Loren, Reetta Raitanen and SJ Maylee would get me caught up quickly.
Below are links to their latest mash-ups. I promise they are magic.
- Gene Lempp – Writing Blog Treasures 7~7 (Gene’s treasures make my weekends)
- Roni Loren – Every Friday, Roni does Writing Links of the Week
- Reetta Raitanen’s (yummy) Link Feast for Writers just went to twice a month
- Sidney Maylee is also a Saturday Mash-up queen 🙂
p.s. I’ve been sitting in on Kristen Lamb’s Blogging To Build A Brand class for the last month. Not only does she have some new tricks up her sleeve (can anyone say “high concept blogging?), she also has an outstanding crop of new bloggers in there. I love watching the fear subside as the blogosphere unfolds for these people. This mash-up is dedicated to them.
Nora Ephron had such a creative impact on me, and I’m sure many of you feel the same. CNN did a bang-up job on her obituary. Feel free to share your fave movie of hers with us in the comments – I’d love to hear about it.
Richard Godwin’s Interview with Les Edgerton (one of my fave people) was one of the best author interviews I’ve read EVER.
Blogging & Funny Magic
I don’t know if you read Natalie Hartford’s post on spam yesterday, but it was a scream and so were her comments. As you know, I visit my spam whenever I need a little sunshine blown up my writer’s booty. My favorite (so far) is the guy who offered “3 cows for me.”
That being said, I get a LOT less spam these days since I changed up a few things here at More Cowbell and Writers In The Storm. Here are 5 Ways To Combat Spam if it doesn’t give you that same pick-me-up that Nat and I experience.
Along these lines, I always learn seriously nifty tips from Carrie Spencer’s Woodie Knows WordPress posts.
Finally, one of my pals in Kristen Lamb’s #WANA612 blogging class tweeted this link on Humor for Writers. Love it!
Social Media Magic
- PR Tips that Rocked My World by Women in PR.
- Turbo-intriguing post on How Pinterest Drives Online Sales from Pinterest News.
- I also adored this blog on Improving Life with Pinterest. It’s a fresh angle to this topic.
Writing & Publishing Magic
- Marji Laine’s post – 3 Ways For Writers To Make Money Now – made me think about goals, which is always a great thing. 🙂
- Jonathan Gunson on The Best Book Trailer I’ve Seen in Years, and Why It Works
- Why Self-Publishing is a Tragic Term – a thoughty post on Jane Friedman’s blog
- Amazon For Dummies (Like Me) – Liking and Tagging by Derek Blass
I honestly didn’t know how else to categorize this….
I’ve been madly in love with http://undergroundnewyorkpubliclibrary.com/ ever since a tweet from @JoeFinder referenced this Wall Street Journal article. Prepare to spend at least 15 minutes here. If you’re a reader, you won’t be able to help yourself.
What links have rocked YOUR world this week? Why did the post stand out to you? Where do you go to catch up after being away from your computer? Is being offline a relief or do you miss your online pals? Enquirining minds always want to know these things here at More Cowbell!