You know we love to cut up here a bit on Mondays so I’ve provided you with some of my theories about the first (often dreaded) day of the week.
1. Monday isn’t actually the worst day of the week. (Tuesday is.) Monday is when you find out what you missed from the prior week – Tuesday is when you must DO those things.
2. A visit to Sexy Town or Hanky-Panky-Ville guarantees a great mood on Mondays. Married people are more likely to have sex on the weekends (especially if they have kids). Plus, they’ve had some sleep. (This supports my theory from #1.)
3. Monday is hands down the best traffic day of the week. Seriously. All those people who take 3 day weekends are off the roads. Plus there’s lots of “weekend flu” going around on Monday mornings.
4. 50% of workers are late on Monday mornings. No joke. I think it’s the stress, which is kind of hilarious considering most people only work about 3.5 productive hours on Mondays. Or maybe it’s that “weekend flu.”
5. I always have clean hair on Mondays. I can’t state that unequivocally every day. Things happen. But the weekends are when I catch up and that includes hair washing.
6. I drink more coffee on Mondays. Hey, I’m not bragging. Truth is, I’m usually dragging from trying to cram everything in over the weekend. Most days I have 2 cups but on Monday’s I mainline caffeine just to get my verve on for the week.
7. Monday brings cute outfits to the workplace. This is directly related to the aforementioned point of trying to cram everything into the weekend. Like most people who work outside the home, I try to get all my laundry on Saturday and Sunday. This unearths serious clothing treasure.
8. Most people don’t smile until after 11 am on a Monday. (11:16 am to be exact.) Huh. Who knew?? I guarantee my More Cowbell posse won’t have this issue today…y’all are a funny bunch.
What theories do you have about Monday? Where does it fall in your “Like” rankings? Equiring minds always want to know about these fun, trivial sorts of things here at More Cowbell!
p.s. I put out the word yesterday on an issue I’m struggling with and you guys bowled me over with your outpouring of love. Thank you doesn’t seem adequate for how much better you made me feel. I’m still getting through the comments…it’s just a slow process. (Because y’all are so sweet, you keep tearing me up!)