Any of you who read my last post know about what the Hubs and I are calling “Dog Hip.”
Note regarding the name: I’m not dissing dogs. I love dogs. It’s just an easier thing to call it, rather than “Right Hip Dysplasia with a Torn Labrum.” (Yes, this disclaimer should be unnecessary.)
It shall forevermore be termed DOG HIP.
Anyway, the More Cowbell posse came up with MUCH better reasons for how I tore it than the reality, which is: “I don’t know. Probably Crossfit, but likely wear and tear from the dysplasia.”
The truth just doesn’t sound all that sexy. I’ve linked to all the peeps who gave me SEXIER reasons below. 🙂
10 WAY better-than-the-truth stories about how I got in this mess:
- An old pole dancing injury. (Jansen Schmidt)
- Secret ice hockey tournaments. It’s a common goalie injury. (Eric J. Baker)
- I tore it doing a joyous cheerleading jump over my potatoes. (K.B. Owen)
- Things got wild during my Elvis Presley “Hound Dog” impersonation. (Julie Glover)
- My boobs threw my hip out. [Shut up. It could happen.] (Melanie Marttila)
- I failed as a Spider Ninja; instead I tripped over the printer as I ran. (Kristy K. James)
- Regular Guy NYC, Phil, chased me into raging waters during Tough Mudder training.
- Belly dancing class. (Jansen Schmidt and Piper Bayard)
- An epic moment on the mechanical bull at Billy Bob’s (Gloria Richard in absentia)
- My hoo-hah got out of line if you know what I mean. (Juli Page Morgan)
Now aren’t all those better than the truth?
p.s. I hope y’all click those links so you can enjoy the amazing talent that hangs out here.
Which reason is your favorite? What new ones do you have to add? Enquiring minds LOVE to know these things here at More Cowbell!
- Hip surgery is currently scheduled for June 19th. Word is, the rehab sucks.
- Jane Sadek tagged me in the “Writing Process Blog Hop.” I’m behind, but I’ll be doing that this week. (I promise all you organized types will hate my process.) Thanks to Jane for her patience…the weekend was pure suckitude.
- Writers In The Storm, my other blog home, is moving on June 2nd. There’ll be killer posts and giveaways all month long. If you haven’t subscribed yet, hurry up! We’re giving away a $25 Amazon card to a subscriber. 🙂
- All of you Walter Trout fans will be delighted to know: he got his liver transplant on Monday! The first 48 hours are critical so your healing energy toward Omaha is welcome! Here’s a post I wrote about Walter a while back. He’s an amazing artist.