I adore my online friends. They are some of the best people I’ve ever met, even when I don’t get to see them live. But when I DO get to see them, it’s Nirvana. I know that many of you have experienced this and know it to be true. Most of us spend several hours a week online or at our blogs.
The friendships we make online matter.
I’ve got my pal, Piper Bayard, in town with her Darling Daughter and it’s fantastic. Today we’re going to hit the beach and go whale watching. I’ll be approving all your links and snazzy shout-outs from the boat.
Now on to the Pimp or Promote!!
Here’s the rules:
I’m taking a page out of Chuck Wendig’s book once again and throwing open the doors of the comments section for the following (he makes people do one of each, just sayin….):
- Pimp out somebody else’s work – this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person.
- Promote one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a book, a new direction your writing is taking you. You decide. Just tell us all about it in the comments! The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” at you, and likely promote your project even further (because that’s just how we are).
To give you an example:
Here’s some pimping of some of my aforementioned online pals:
- Bayard & Holmes’ post on Putin and the Nobel Peace Prize is awesome!
- ROW80 Pioneer, Kait Nolan, has a great class coming up at the end of the month: Basic Ebook Formatting From A to Z.
I’m teaching a OneNote class starting Monday 3/24:
- Course title: OneNote: The Simple Organization Tool for Writers
- Course time: webinar next Monday March 24th at 7 pm EST – it’s available OnDemand afterwards, so don’t worry if you can’t make it.
- The initial webinar is followed by two weeks of online time where we cover the material and create notebooks. We finish with another quick webinar recap.
- Use the discount code MORECOWBELL for $10 off!
There are some special things in store for this first class:
- A member of the Microsoft OneNote team will be auditing and answering questions about all the new coolness.
- A drawing will held to give away a subscription of Office 365.
- Any interested authors will be entered into a drawing to be a guest author for the Microsoft Office blog. In return for the description of how OneNote helped you “get it done,” Microsoft will promote the winner’s novel at the bottom of the post. You can’t buy that kind of book publicity, authors…but you have a chance for it with this class.
What are you excited to pimp or promote today? Let’s see those links in the comments section! Enquiring minds always want to know what’s going on with you here at More Cowbell.🙂