Welcome to Thoughty Thursday here at More Cowbell! This is the day of the week when y’all get to be privy to whatever thoughts are kicking around in my brain. Today I’m thinking about my writing pals and the outrageous party we’re having tomorrow on Twitter.
What party, you ask?
It all started with a conversation between myself, August McLaughlin, Marcy Kennedy and Lisa Hall-Wilson… We were talking about 2013, and how excited we all were to see the new year, then August started table dancing and—
Sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself a bit.
We decided it was time for a Twitter party. Specifically a TGI2013 party, since so many of our pals are delighted to see 2012 come to a close. I’ve placed the details below so y’all can be there!
Where: #myWANA hashtag
When: Tomorrow, January 4, 2012: 6-10 PM Eastern / 3-7 PM Pacific
How do you attend a Twitter party??
- Limber up those fingers
- Pour yourself a glass of your beverage of choice
- Crank some music (preferably some that can be shared)
- Click on the #myWANA link above and prepare to ring in the New Year with your fellow writers and favorite peeps
(And I really recommend you ask Lena to tweet that picture of her in a lampshade. Amazing…)
In case you’re scratching your heads, wondering what “WANA” means…
My part of the WANA story started in March 2011…Since then, I’ve gathered with people all over the world at:
- The #myWANA hashtag (here’s what Kristen has to say about it)
- WANA Facebook groups – one for the big group and one for the instructors at…
- WANA International (Yep, you can learn from these peeps!)
- Plus, we have WANATribe, the only social network build just for us creative types (and a hugely valuable resource for information and fun)
You see why I call it the WANA Phenomenon?? We like to party AND support each other. 🙂
Here’s a post from another WANA pal, Julie Glover, that will be live on Friday morning. Enjoy!
In the interest of some great community support…I’m hereby opening the More Cowbell floodgates for some “Pimp or Promote!”
In case you’re new here, I’ve put the basics below so you can fully participate:
- Pimp out somebody else’s work – this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person.
- Promote one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a class, a book, a New Year’s resolution. You decide. Just tell us all about it in the comments! The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” at you, and likely promote your project even further (because that’s just how we are).
I want to hear about what’s exciting in your life today. Don’t forget to both PIMP and PROMOTE. And enjoy yourself down in the comments. Thanks again for making things so fun here at More Cowbell!
OK, my posse…rev those engines. Let’s see your best P&P!! And save a little energy for tomorrow’s party. 🙂
Have you ever been to a Twitter party? What surprises you the most about the whole concept? Do you have any questions for me?