Welcome to Techie Tuesday here at More Cowbell! Today’s (incredibly shiny) links have been gathered over the last month or so because their sheer awesome-ness blew me away. And I’ll be looking to you, my friends, down in the comments section…I can’t wait to see what other treasures you’ve found lately.
Now, on to the bloggy brilliance…
More than anything, we love to laugh here at More Cowbell…so link #1 in the batting order is a site that’s been making me ROFL this month.
It started like this:
When I heard some tweeps discussing the new book from October Jones based on the Text From Dog Tumblr site, I had to mosey over to check it out. I mean, hello?? DOG. And it’s absolutely cracking me up! I adore Dog’s creative use of the word, “asshat.”
No relation whatsoever to the previous asshat reference is a wide world of bloggy goodness in the form of…
If you only click one link in this section, Margo Berendsen‘s Writing Tips is the best gathering of writing links I’ve seen in a post (EVER). I warn you, it’s long!
Also awesome are:
- How To Use Quotation Marks from Written Words (great breakdown!)
- Janet Fitch’s 10 Writing Tips that Can Help Almost Anyone made me smile.
- A list of Chapter One Analyses by Moody Writing.
- What’s Your Motif? by C.S. Lakin at Live Write Thrive.
- Did you read August McLaughlin’s fantastic post yesterday, Plotting, Pantsing and Plantsing: Finding What Makes You Tick. It is awesomesauce dipped in glitter.🙂
Again, if you only have time to visit one place, I recommend Jami Gold‘s post The New Writing Paradigm, Part 2: What Value Do Publishers Add. Part 1 is also a great read.
Also fantastic are:
- Generation Y Now Buys More Books than the Baby Boomers! by The Mary Sue
- Dean Wesley Smith speaks on Publishing: Killing Your Sales One Shot at a Time
- Michael Larsen on publishing – specifically The Next Bookselling Revolution
Social Media Links
- Andi Roo breaks down the SU mystery in StumbleUpon SuperUser Tactics.
- Is Your Blogged Book Unique? by Nina Amir. Also by Nina, I loved How To Decide How To Monetize Your Blog or Blogged Book (she also does classes on this topic for Writer’s Digest).
- Virtual Blog Writing Day has come and gone (August 23) but these 7 Tips from Build a Better Blog remain helpful in completing a day of writing multiple blog posts. I also liked the infographic they scooped up from Derek Halpern of Social Triggers on the Anatomy of a Perfect Blog post. It’s bloody brilliant.🙂
Just plain awesome…
- Something Unique To Say by Steven Pressfield, author of “The War of Art”
- Where I’m From by Sharla Lovelace – This post spawned a blog here at More Cowbell and a ton of comments. If you haven’t read the original over at Sharla’s place, I highly recommend you take a moment.
- A Month Without Monsanto by April Dávila in YES! Magazine (about GMO food)
- 3 Everyday Things that Drain Our Brain – Cherry Adair posted this on Facebook… Doors! Who’d have thought it?
There’s a ton of magnificence that comes across my computer screen every day, but these are the links I wasn’t sure if you’d seen.
Now back to you…what links do you have to share? Have you discovered new bloggers lately, or do you have a post we particularly need to know about? Enquiring minds always want to know these things here at More Cowbell!