It’s National Underwear Day EVERYWHERE in the blogosphere this week. That’s N.U.D.E. for short (huge thanks to Jansen Schmidt for pointing that acronym out cuz it makes me giggle)!
We’ve been honoring the festivities all week here at More Cowbell, culminating in today’s Pimp or Promote N.U.D.E Blog Parade! I just know y’all are gonna be streaking your magnificence across the comments section. (see below for guidelines)
What is a Pimp or Promote N.U.D.E. Blog Parade?
Well, for those of you who are new here, “Pimp or Promote” works like this. Y’all go crazy in the comments section doing one of two things:
- Pimp out somebody else’s work– this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person.
- Promote one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a book, a new direction your work is taking you. You decide. Just tell us all about it in the comments! The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” at you, and likely promote your project even further (because that’s just how we roll).
I want to hear about what’s exciting in your life today. In fact, feel free to Pimp and Promote, especially if it includes something about Undies, our theme for the week.
On to the N.U.D.E. part… (I know you guys only clicked that link because of it.)
FreshPair is celebrating National Underwear Day officially in New York City next week and it looks like a rarin’ good time.
In their words:
It’s time to uncover underwear—to explore style, fit, and function. In celebration of the 10th anniversary of National Underwear Day, Freshpair wants you to make a change. On August 22nd and 23rd, join Freshpair at 315 West 57th Street in New York City to experience a perfect fit. It’s the way underwear should be. (learn more)
You know where I’d be if I lived anywhere on the East Coast, right?? In fact, Natalie Hartford, August McLaughlin and I have decided we want to ride the float in a Panty Parade next year for N.U.D.E. (Details of our stellar plan can be found here.)
Last but not least, if you go to the FreshPair site, there’s a QUIZ that will not only tell you your undie style, they’ll also send you a $10 coupon off a $50 purchase of FreshPair products. Sweet!
My Undie Style
On to the Pimp or Promote Parade!!
I’m pimping out the stellar bloggers who’ve been filling the Undie-verse with new blog treasure. They’ve been making me laugh, which earns SERIOUS More Cowbell brownie points.
Hopefully they’ll make you laugh too.🙂
- Lynnette Conroy at Rant Rave Write made some Real Live WANAPanties!
- Amy Shojai contributed Studpants for the Feline Set from CastlePaws (that’s kitty undies, y’all, and they *crack me up*)
- The Beauty of Blurting and Undies Gone Wild by August McLaughlin (she knows CK!! Just go read the post…it’ll make sense.)
- Julie Glover entertained me with Panties? Skivvies? Bloomers? Words for Underwear
Natalie Hartford added TWO doses of hilarious undie adventures:
Plus, if you look in the sidebar to the right, I had THREE Undie posts this week.
I’m sure there were a few posts that I missed, or that are slipping my tired mind, so feel free to remind me down in the comments so we can all bask in your Undie Creativity.
I can’t wait to see what sort of hijinks y’all have been up to this week…Let’s see some amazing Pimpage and Promotion from you guys!!!