Since I joined the party, these songs have been on the playlist:
- December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) – The Four Seasons
- Stayin’ Alive – The Bee Gees
- Billy Idol – Dancing With Myself
And this INCREDIBLE 70’s Dance Mix Video (Gloria Gaynor! Need I say more?)!
There’s a blog competition for this party as well – the best what I’ve seen so far is Shah Wharton‘s (Holy cowbell, the photos…).
Party Parameters to get you started!
- Theme: “Throwback Party” Oh yes, we are going WAY back. This party is a celebration of generations, music, and fashions. We want you to come on Wednesday ready to kick it like you used to “back in the day.” All outfits are welcome, Lena’s stirring up some munchies and beverages to last all night, and DJ Barbara will be spinning tunes for all decades.
- Date: April 4, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM EST in the U.S. This will also be the first day of Round Two check-in so there should be a bevy of ROW80 peeps and friends wandering around the blogosphere.
- Party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag. Include it in your Tweet and join in!
- Blog with Photos Competition: From April 2 to April 8, Barbara and Lena want us to keep the party going and post some “Throwback Party” ROW80 celebrations. Make sure to include some pics in the post that reflect the theme and let your party monster rage.
To enter the blog competition:
- Create a blog that reflects the “Throwback Party” theme.
- Creativity is a plus as are great pictures. We know there are some folks holding a treasure of pics showing them in their glory with bell bottom, platform shoes, biker, poodle skirts, and tie-dyed ponchos.
- They will look at the comments on our ROW80 blogs for recommendations of top picks as well as review them all for inclusion of top picks/faves in a mashup and for your vote.
If you’re doing your first ROW80 check-in today, click here to add yourself to the linky and cheer on your fellow teammates. I’m going to do my first check-in on Sunday when I’ve gotten myself back under control. Today is all about the party.🙂
I’ll be popping in and out of #ROW80 all day long for some snacks, drinks and a bunch of seriously groovy dancing. What songs do you want on Barbara’s playlist? Give us the links down in the comments so we can all dance along! Are you going to join Round 2? Enquiring minds always want to know here are More Cowbell!
Don’t forget! Today is the launch of the Life List Club blog! Our debut post is by Sherry Isaac – click over here and show her some love, OK?