(A) Because I LOVE that word.
(B) Because it reminds me of the homemade chocolate sauce my grandma used to make that you pour over ice cream and it hardens until you crack it with your spoon…it was all chewy and YUMMY!
These links had to be special to live up to that. We’ve got everything from Undies to Babies, from Psychology to Writing. Enjoy, and feel free to share a link of your own in the comments section. (As long as it falls in the CrackleSauce category. )
I’ll start by taking a page out of Gene Lempp’s book with a Featured Posts area.
10 of the Most Surprising Findings from Psychological Studies by Jeremy Dean from PsyBlog ~ I got this from the site where I find my favorite Daily 1o. I can get lost in this site for HOURS. Example: 10 Times Batman Acted Like An Absolute Lunatic.
Laughter and Inspirational Magic:
- It’s never too early to shop for the holidays! Here’s some fun holiday Undies.
- I Want My Kids To Fail by Rochester Sage
- Video from Kasey Mathews – PBS The Secret Life of the The Baby’s Brain
- On the other end of the spectrum, Marcia Richards SWEARS you have the Best Sex of Your Life in Midlife. You’ve gotta read this post!
- 7 Things I Learned Last Week From Stephen King by Victoria Mixon (you can never go wrong with Victoria or Mr. King).
- The Power of Incubation – writing inspiration from a guest at Bridgette Booth’s site.
- Tawna Fenske’s post on The Importance of Sucking for Awhile is the pick-up you need for those days when everything you write looks like crap.
- The Four-Letter Word Every Author Must Know and Use by Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy
It seemed like Characters were the hot topic in March. Here’s the posts that helped me the most:
- Fantastic excerpt from Les Edgerton on Character Actions.
- 7 Keys To Unforgettable Characters by Bob Mayer (on Karen McFarland’s site).
- I’ve never read a less-than-amazing post at Janice Hardy’s The Other Side of the Story – these Tips on Character Motivation are no different.
- Bob Mayer’s post on Digital Book World this month, Was March 2012 the day Traditional Publishing Died? is pretty much a must-read for today’s author.
- In the above post, Bob references a fantastic post by Kristine Rusch on Scarcity and Abundance. Another author must-read.
- What Agents Want To Know by Lynette Labelle
Social Media Magic:
- Dino Dogan, co-founder of Triberr – 5 Ways To Improve Your Blog Today
- Are You Using the Social Media Strategy That Will Never Hurt You? I LOVE this post by Rachel Ann Poling. Social media is about connection and kindness.
- Jody Hedlund wrote about How Modern Writers Can Become & Stay Visible.
March title most heaped with CrackleSauce:
Chicks With Dicks by The Romance Man (Thanks to Shannyn Schroeder for sending me to him).
One last amazing tidbit:
Advice from legendary film-maker, Billy Wilder – here are 10 sage pieces of writing advice. My three favorites?
- Grab ’em by the throat and never let ’em go.
- If you have a problem with the third act, the real problem is in the first act.
- A tip from Lubitsch: Let the audience add up two plus two. They’ll love you forever.
OK, there’s 20+ links from me on this fine Techie Tuesday. Do you have some Crackle-worthy posts to share?? Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!
- Winners of the Dirty Fighting Contest will be announced this month!
- Winners of the Life List Club Milestone Party will be announced Wednesday when we unveil our new blog!!!