Fabio Bueno tagged me with 11 of the most AMAZING questions I’ve ever seen so today’s post is in answer to those.
Confession time: I suck at this stuff. Questions, blog awards, Lucky 7’s…I appreciate the hell out of it when I get tagged but since I have a posting schedule that stays pretty full, I have great intentions…and my execution is poor. *hangs head in shame*
However, since Fabio took the time to think up such phenomenal questions (see below), I will answer them. I encourage you to do the same down in the comments.
Note: I’ll be violating the rules here at More Cowbell by not moving this game forward . It’s OK…Fabio tagged so many other amazing people who are better torch carriers than I am.
Who got tagged?
There’s Karen Rought (The Midnight Novelist) who started this round by tagging Fabio.
Plus he tagged these other 10 people who will in turn ROCK this 11 Questions Game:
- Melinda VanLone
- Rachel Funk Heller
- Piper Bayard
- Leanne Shirtliffe
- August McLaughlin
- Lena Corazon
- Alicia and Roy Street
- Natalie Hartford
- Coleen Patrick
- Barbara McDowell
First, the rules (in case you want to start this up at your place):
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
The 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite historical period and why?
There are many periods I like to read about that I would NEVER want to live in. When I look at the changes to the status and fate of women over the last fifty years, it is mind-boggling.
I would NOT want to live:
- in times when women had no rights, power or property.
- before the invention of the Pill, which opened women’s lives up in ways they’d never previously imagined. We simply weren’t free to pursue our dreams with the same freedom before we were in charge of our reproduction.
I really don’t know how to answer this question, because I think I’ve lived in some great decades (I went to middle school, high school and college in the 80’s). Perhaps I’d have enjoyed living a decade earlier, before diseases like AIDS changed the way couples approach sex and before drugs like Crack and crystal meth became such a big problem.
I’m going with the 1970’s for $200, Fabio…I do LOVE to dance to Disco (but good LORD, they were fashion-challenged)!
2. List your top five favorite movies.
This is a MOST unfair question!! Since any choices will leave out 20 others, I’m going with the five (adult films) I watch the most often:
- My Cousin Vinnie
- When Harry Met Sally
- The Princess Bride
- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Matrix
Remember, it’s all Sesame Street and Disney ALL THE TIME at my house!
3. Your house is on fire. Your loved ones–humans and pets–are already safe outside. They have your driver’s license and a flash drive with all your backups (files and all the media you own). You have time to save one more object. What would you get?
If I didn’t usually have it on my person, I’d say my cell phone, hands down. But, since I do, it would be my daughter’s baby book, a scrapbook of her first year pictures.
4. You can invite any three people in the world for a dinner–anyone alive. Who are your guests?
You see what I mean about these questions??? This would so depend on my mood!
Thought-provoking: Elie Wiesel, Maya Angelou and Glenn Beck
Raucous: Janet Evanovich, Whoopie Goldberg and Robin Williams
Writing-Focused: Stephen King, Toni Morrison and Christopher Vogler
I could go on and on, but I’ll stop here and encourage you to tell me your three.
5. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you can only have one type of food every meal for the rest of your life (they’ll supplement your diet with vitamin pills). Which food would you choose?
Freaking finally! An easy question…the potato. I could happily exist on the potato, be it baked, mashed, fried, chipped, whipped or au gratin FOREVER.
6. In an episode of “Friends”, they all reveal their freebie list: 5 celebrities with whom they can hook up without upsetting their partners. Who’s in yours?
This is another one of those changeable answers, but here goes. At one time or another, I’ve had a crush on Patrick Dempsey, Mel Gibson, Brendan Fraser, Harrison Ford and Matt Damon.
It doesn’t mean they haven’t swapped out for various other hotties (like Matthew McConaughey and Russell Crowe) at various times, but really I’ve never been tempted to get up close and personal with celebrities. After all, I’d have to deal with their celebrity!
7. (Huge spoiler alert.) Some people think the Hunger Games is bloody. In Harry Potter 6, fifteen characters die. In HP7, the body count is over fifty (see here). JK is rewriting the series, and she let you choose one character from any of the seven books to get a reprieve. Who would it be and why?
Definitely Dumbledore. I just loved that guy. He managed to be wise yet accessible; care-worn yet compassionate. In my humble opinion, he was one of the best characters ever written.
8. What’s your worst fear?
Well, y’all saw yesterday that I detest the dentist. Judging from the comments, that’s pretty universal. Let’s see, what else?? Well, a good part of why I work so hard is I’m terribly afraid of being homeless. And I’ve wigged about heights ever since Sgt-Major Coleman threw me off a cliff in college (ROTC course, rapelling unit). Those are my three biggies.
9. You can choose your own nickname, with an assurance that no one would ever mock you. Tell us your choice.
I’ve had a TON of nicknames over the years – you wouldn’t believe the ways that people used my maiden name. Plus I have a family nickname – no one who’s related would ever call me Jennifer or Jenny.
Hmmm…if SPARKY wasn’t so reminiscent of a dog, I think I’d like that one. It’s kinda perky.
10. What’s the best vacation you have ever had?
The summer trip my honey and I took almost 5 years ago to see my baby sister get married in Oregon, two days before we got married ourselves in the San Juan Islands.
11. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you must move to any fantasy or sci-fi setting (books, movies, videogames, rpgs) of your choice—permanently. Where would you go?
Oh, HELL… I am drawing a complete blank. Wherever it is, I want to be able to fly (under my own steam, not in a plane) or SCUBA dive whenever I want, for as long as I want, in a place with really cool views.
Just like Fabio, I’d love to know more about YOU! Consider yourself tagged – either in the comments or at your own blogs…I can’t wait to see your answers to these questions!