I’ve been working a ton of hours this week, trying to finish up some projects before busy season gets into full swing with the accountants I work with.
This was a week where I ran to keep up with my life. You know the feeling, right??
- Exercise: Walked 3 times this week – twice during my lunch hours and once with the baby. I’m well under my exercise goals, but at least I wasn’t a complete slug. I also finished putting in my daffodil bulbs, planted vegetables and herbs, and am in the process of digging holes for my new bower vines to cover the wall in our backyard.
- Writing: Only 1 writing sprint this week, so my fictioning is only at 800 words for the week. I need to get my Test Mile going as a habit each day, just to ensure that I get a passable wordcount in. This one’s a work in progress.
- Blogging: This is always a joy for me, and I had a lot of fun this week. I had 5 regular posts + this update. The Saturday Risky Baby Business blogging is really helping my memoir along.
- Sponsoring: I was pretty dismal as a ROW80 sponsor this week. Usually I check on 25-30 people on check-in days and this last round, I didn’t get to more than 10. I will do better this week – taking time on the Sunday check-in is the key.
- It’s not part of my weekly goals (though I’m thinking of adding it) but I am pleased to say I was a great critique partner this week! We meet on Thursday nights and I’d read and critiqued both of the chapters I was given in advance, and helped one of my pals with a chapter outline her publisher wanted.
If you’d like to encourage the rest of your ROW80 pals (and of course YOU DO!), click here and spread some love to the rest of Team ROW80.
Two Upcoming Events I’m Excited About:
- Margie Lawson will be here on Valentine’s Day, discussing visceral responses for love.
- We’re kicking off another Dirty Fighting Contest after Valentine’s Day, with Naked Editor, Tiffany Lawson Inman, as our final judge. (Millions of couples are rarin’ for a good fight after February 14th so it seemed appropriate.)
There’s always more, but those are the biggies…We’ll also be giving away more spots in the More Cowbell Tribe this Tuesday with another Triberr post.
How is the quest to meet goals going in your life? Is your January energy blast waning or staying strong? Enquiring minds LOVE to know these things here at More Cowbell!