In case you hadn’t heard, this is a special year for us writers.
2012 is the Year of the Water Dragon and, according to Fae Rowen (who I consider reliable in all matters woo-woo), this is the best year in SIXTY YEARS for writers to reach for, and achieve, their dreams.
There’s a whole lot of energy flowing around. It’s the Creativity Water Ride with a mega-Wave Machine and rolling rapids.
Some of you are too young to remember the ticket books you used to buy when you went to amusement parks but the E-Tickets were for the rollercoasters.
This is an E-Ticket year.
Haven’t you noticed the goals being met everywhere and the epiphanies so many of our peeps are having? The universe is shouting it out to us writers if we will only stop and quiet our minds long enough to listen.
Are you feeling too overwhelmed? Try doing one of these things:
- Spend 15 minutes quieting your mind. You can even walk or do a little yoga during this so you don’t feel like you’re slacking.
- Cross one small item off your list today, even if it’s just writing 1 page.
- Read for 15 minutes. It’s pretty universal that books calm writers. Whenever I’m feeling like I’m hanging upside down from the proverbial ceiling in my life, reading eases me gently upright.
- Read Kristen Lamb’s post about 3 steps that can help you take charge of your life.
I’m feeling like I’m on the edge of having some of my baby steps pay off. Some of my biggest goals are now in my sights:
- Plant 3 bags of bulbs in my garage – I’ve planted one – I’m on bag #2!
- Take two courses from Margie Lawson’s Lawson Writer’s Academy – Hitting this in February!!
- Look into teaching at LWA or elsewhere online – I’ve been approached about teaching online from two women I really, really admire. More deets soon…
- Attend the 2012 DFW Conference – I’m gonna be there!!
I’m behind on some of my ROW80 goals (read: exercise) but I’m kickin’ a$$ and taking names on my Life List goals. I am so freaking excited about going to DFW in May! Please let me know in the comments if you’re going.🙂
If you’d like to support Team ROW80 and encourage others in their goals, click here.
Are your goals moving forward this week or are you feeling stuck? What is the one small thing you can do today that will make you feel better? Enquiring minds love to know these things here at More Cowbell!🙂