It’s a new year and a new page in terms of goals. We’ve been talking a lot about celebrating the milestones here at More Cowbell lately because it is so very hard to do. Like so many of you, I have a hard time stopping to smell the flowers on the way to THE BIG GOAL.
Here’s what I learned about myself during ROW80 last year:
- Page goals defeat me. They scare me and discourage me and feel like “a job.”
- Timed sprints are incredibly productive for me. They’re like a game of “how much can I write in 30 minutes? 40 minutes? An hour? I knock my page goals out of the stratosphere this way.
- I’ll find a gajillion things that are more important to do than exercise. When really NOTHING is more important to my health. This round, I’m going to have to find an exercise accountability partner…anyone game? I’ve also enrolled in yoga classes with a friend of mine, so accountability should make me go.
- I like to blog more than I like to write on my current WIP. Part of this is that I’m to the place I don’t like where I’ve got to poke around in dark corners of grief, rather than the funny stuff I love to write. Still, it must be said so this pregnancy memoir can be done already. So, I began my Saturday series, Risky Baby Business. RBB lets me blog out my research and some of the places in the book where I needed to formulate my thoughts. Plus, it has the added bonus of letting me hear amazing stories from all of you.
Keeping the above in mind, here are my Round 1 Row80 goals:
- Get at least one exercise accountability partner for this round. (3+ if lucky)
- ROCK my ROW80 Sponsorship duties! My bio and post are turned in, now it’s up to me to encourage all of you at least once a week.
- No matter how many word sprints I engage in each week, at least TWO must be dedicated to my work in progress.
- That being said, my goal is at least 4 times sprints per week. If I can’t find a sprint partner at #ROW80, I’m going to defect and run over to #wordmongering.
Most of my other goals are covered in my Life List, but these are the areas where I have the most trouble and I’m never going to get to my BIG goals if I don’t do these particular Baby Steps.
Have you posted your goals anywhere yet? You could just do a blog post, or create a ROW80 page on your blog. You could also join the Life List Club and make a page for that. If you’re posting goals to the ROW80 Linky, click here. (That’s also where you go to encourage everyone else in their goals. 🙂 )
What lessons have you learned about what helps or hinders you in your goals? What is your BIG KAHUNA goal for 2012? Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!