Happy New Year from More Cowbell!
In case I haven’t told you lately, I appreciate you guys soooo much. This blog wouldn’t have nearly enough Cowbell without all of you who
egg me on encourage me in my mischief and make me scream with laughter in the comments.
On this first day of the year, I’d like to give back just a teensy bit with a short list of posts that have rocked my world over the last few weeks. I hope 2012 brings you plenty of beauty, magic and good health!!!
If you’re a writer and you haven’t made any resolutions yet, this post from Charlotte Carter is a great one! 7 New Year’s Resolution Idea’s for Writers.
- Didn’t get everything you wanted for Christmas? Etsy has been killing me these days! For example, check out this beanbag chair.
- Any post called Death By Caffeine is guaranteed to make me smile…
- I laugh my guts out every time I read this post from The Bloggess about a conversation she had with her husband. She had me long before she asked him to smell her eyeballs.
- If you missed Amber West’s thought-provoking post, Why I Don’t Call Myself A Writer, there’s a great discussion going on over there.
- If you’d like to get a group of writers chattering, read Amber’s post back-to-back with Kristen Lamb’s post, Aspiring Is For Pansies-Tough Love & Being a Writer.
- Roni Loren’s post, 10 Commandments of a Successful Author is wonderful and thought-provoking. It was a toss-up whether to put this under laughter or writing.
- Thinking of starting a journal in the new year? Tom Slatin’s 80 Journal Writing Prompts might be a good post to bookmark.
- The holidays seem to bring out the inner angst of a multitude of writers. Here’s two posts that have stood out to me on the topic, from Louisa Bacio and Marcy Kennedy. She wrote it long before the holidays, but Kate MacNicol’s post, Deceitful Me, continues in the same vein.
Publishing and Social Media Magic:
- Anne R. Allen’s post with Roni Loren, Why One Author Chose Traditional Publishing–And How to Decide if it’s Right for You is a must-read for anyone who’s on the fence about how they want to publish.
- I know people who are still hoping the social media wave will break and leave them in peace already (NOT gonna happen!). Here is a summary of 2011’s main social media strides – it’s a long post, but there’s an amazing video of a conversation between the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu that I enjoyed.
- Kristen Lamb’s take on self-published authors (that I agree with!): Why We Should All Hug a Self-Published & Indie Author. And who WOULDN’T want to hug Kristen??!
I’m staying home with a teething toddler tonight (AND a really hot husband, so don’t feel sorry for me ) but I’d love to hear how all of you are ringing in the New Year. You know, enquiring minds always love to know these things here at More Cowbell!