A Wednesday without a ROW80 Update…I’m feeling a bit verklempt. Like Wednesday has lost a bit of its twinkly sparkling magic. How about the rest of my ROW80 pals?
What? You’ve never heard of A Round of Words In 80 Days?? But it’s the writing challenge that knows you have a life! And it starts again in less than a WEEK…January 2nd, to be exact.
None of that is enough for you to click the link above? I see you’re gonna make me pull out the BIG GUNS. Fine.
I’m sponsoring the next round.
That means I get to
slap around cheer on all the ROW80 participants. (Yeah, I’m looking at YOU…) Encourage them with their goals. Visit their blogs and drag them kicking and screaming away from their Boo-Hoo Chair when the writing week has got them wanting to watch Joanie Loves Chachi re-runs.
I know you’re enticed NOW. You’re jumping off December’s Slacker train and running to catch the first Writing Power Train you see. The ROW80 bandwagon will be pacing the Power Train, filled with a hootenanny of writers whooping and hollering.
We to like to party…engage in writing sprints and weekly blog hops, hang together over at the ROW80 hashtag on Twitter. I promise you will make new writer friends that are worth their weight in gold. (p.s. They won’t let you sit facing the wall in the Boo-Hoo Chair either).
OK, OK…stop nagging me, Jenny! How do I join?
Direct from the ROW80 website (and creator Kait Nolan’s genius brain) here’s the scoop:
- There are 4 rounds a year, each running 80 days. (You don’t have to do all four.)
- Your goal can be anything you like as long as it is measurable (e.g. number of words/pages, specified amount of time to spend on writing per day/week, number of pages edited, etc.–for more on what makes a measurable goal, see this post).
- Once you have settled on a goal, you write it up on your blog (yes, you must have one) and link to it on the Goals Linky for the Round, which will be posted on the ROW80 Blog.
- If your goal changes before the end of the 80 days,simply write up a new goals post and link to it on the latest check-in day.
- There are check-ins twice a week on Wednesday and Sundayswhere you will update us the same way (you don’t have to check in both days if you’re busy).
- On Twitter we use a hashtag of #ROW80 if you wanna come hang out
- And if you happen to find us after a round has begun, just write up your goals post and hop on in whenever. We’re a friendly bunch.
- Be sure to grab the ROW80 badge from the sidebar on the ROW80 Blog. I’ve placed it at the bottom of this post so you can see how cute it is.
Do you like writing challenges (or hate ’em)? Have you tried ROW80 yet? If not, what has kept you from it? If so, what did you like the most? Do you have goals for the New Year that you’d care to share? You know we’re always happy to hear about you here at More Cowbell!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Save the date…Friday, December 30th, is a New Year’s Milestone Party for the Life List Club. I’m giving away TWO prizes – one to a subscriber and one to a commenter. I’ve also seen books, Amazon cards and other nifty prizes on the list. Woot!