Sunday is a great time for catching up from the week – sleeping, writing, and READING!
Although I’ll be checking in for ROW80 at the end of this post, first I’m going to give you a list of all the wonderful magical posts that have rocked my world over the last few weeks.
p.s. If you’ve seen me commenting on your blog, I already think you’re magic. I’m going for some unusual, yet practical magic with this post.
- Leanne Shirtliffe – A Twisted Guide To The Worst Toys of 2011
- Before you run to spend ALL your Christmas dollars, please take a moment to read GeekDad’s The 5 Best Toys of All Time
- Speaking of dads, you’ve GOT to read Justin Halpern’s A Father’s Day Short Story
- August McLaughlin – Writing Grandad
- Ellie Ann Soderstrom – What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: A Spook
- Jami Gold‘s post on Girls With Pens showed up exactly when I needed it (before a #NaNoSlackMo sprint!): How To Make The Most of a Scene
- Gene Lempp tweeted about The Last Point of View Cheat Sheet You’ll Ever Need
- Michelle Rafter – 10 Ways To Find New Freelance Clients
The ever-amazing Jane Friedman has two blogs in this mash-up cause she’s ALWAYS rocking my world (and she should be rocking yours too!):
- Turning Your WordPress Blog Into A Book
- The Big Mistake of Author Websites and Blogs (Class alert: I SO wish I could do this!)
Plus, these gems stood out to me:
- WikiMommy’s – Features of Google Plus (great definitions of all things G+)
- MediaActive’s – Your Home Page: A Portal To You
On the writing front:
- I’ve been catching up on the blogs of all my pals (you know who you are)
- I’ve had 3 word sprints since we last talked for a total of 2,200 words
- I’ve bought a Christmas tree
- By the time you read this, I will hopefully have that tree decorated and have lights on the outside of my house (WOOT!)
How is the writing/life balance thing going for you? Are you enjoying your holidays or wishing that all this hooplah would just fade away? Who’s gonna be sprinting with me over at #NaNoSlackMo and #ROW80 this week?