Friday is always about love here at More Cowbell. Whatever form that takes…
THIS Friday it’s about love and appreciation from me to you. Once again, I’m taking a page out of Chuck Wendig’s book and throwing open the doors of the comments section for one of the following:
- Tell us about one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a book, a new direction your writing is taking you. You decide. Just tell us all about it in the comments! The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” at you, and potentially offer you tons of unsolicited advice about how to promote your project further.
Note: Try not to lose your head over this in the length department – I don’t want to have to edit your glory.
- Pimp out somebody else’s work – this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person. The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and coo” over this too.
I know, I know…you’re a well-mannered bunch (*snort*) that restrains yourselves from shameless self-promotion or pimpage on somebody else’s blog. But today you’re invited…and not just because I’ve been under the covers sick all week. I want to hear about what’s exciting in your life today.
To start the pimping off right, I’m going to heap compliments on a collection of blogs that rocked my world over the past few weeks.
Jami Gold continues to knock my socks off – this time with Can You Fast Draft?
NakedEditor, Tiffany Lawson Inman’s guest post at Writers In The Storm was superb: Don’t Let Thrillers Hog The Freezer!
If you’ve ever raised kids or hung out with one for very long, this Message With A Bottle post will make you laugh your face off. Check out how this Stay-At-Home-Dad entertains himself through the challenges of staying home with his kid!
Renee Schuls-Jacobson moved me to tears with this confessional on being a “Mean Girl” way back when. I can only say BRAVO to her for turning into the warm, caring person we know today and sharing her story. I found it when I explored her wonderful blog and saw this link.
Some of you might know about my Risky Baby Business series that runs here at More Cowbell on Saturdays. It’s about pregnancy and babies, particularly those that are in the highest risk category like mine. I did a post on miscarriage about a month ago and came across this beautiful post in my research. I warn you, it’s a tear-jerker about post-partum depression in moms who lose babies.
Often I find author interviews somewhat “meh” but I learned a TON from Stacy Green’s interview with Allison Brennan – you must read this!
Note: Next Monday is going to be VERY exciting here at More Cowbell!
- Stacy Green is redeeming her Life List Milestone Party prize with a guest post from yours truly at her fantastic blog, Turning the Page.
- I’ll be splitting my time between Stacy and the Bayard/Lamb 2012 Campaign on the 14th when Piper and her space-saving running mate, The Lambo, take center stage here at More Cowbell!
Here’s the Bayard/Lamb Campaign’s creative solution to the EU Bailout, if you’d like to get a sense of them as candidates. I’ll also be asking for thier stance on important issues such as health care, jobs and their favorite types of Undies.
Speaking of Undies, I’d be remiss for not giving a shout-out to the #Pantypeeps who’ve had me in stitches for several weeks now: K.B. Owen, Natalie Hartford, Angela Peart, Lena Corazon, Nicole Basaraba and Barbara McDowell. David Walker has even joined the fray. All of their blogs are Ah-Mazing!🙂
Now for the Promote Category!
For those of you who are new here, below are the posts that were the best-loved by “The More Cowbell Posse” (aka the amazing readers that hang out here with me).
- My most popular post by far was Do Writers Read Differently Than Non-Writers?
- We all had a great time with Mad Love For My Zucchini. Plus, I impressed Kristen Lamb with my photo.🙂
- A lot of quality time has been spent with Tiffany Lawson Inman, Naked Editor. She is WONDERFUL. My two “Naked” collaborations are Naked Editor Self-Editing Tips N’ Tricks: The Voice In My Head and 23 Techniques for Fighting Dirty + A Mini-Contest!
- What Is The Deal With Sexting? spawned MUCH discussion and a new entry in the Urban Dictionary, thanks to the Hartfords!
- Last but not least, Margie Lawson should be on everyone’s writing favorites list – last summer we had More Writing Cowbell! with Margie Lawson.
All right, it’s your turn. Rev those engines…Let’s see your best pimp or promote!! (Or as Chuck Wendig would say, “You. Comments. Go!”)