By now, most of you know what ROW80 is (if not, click here). Organized by Kait Nolan (@kaitnolan), this is the writing challenge that focuses on realistic goal-setting and cameraderie.
Here’s how you do it:
- Announce your goals publicly, through a blog post or a dedicated page on your blog. (Some people do both). Understand that if life changes or you find the goals unworkable, you can change your goals.
- Check-ins are every Wednesday and Sunday at the ROW80 Blog. There will be a LinkyTool there to click on and list YOUR check-in post. This is important, for support and accountability.
- Here’s a link to this week’s check-in: 10/4 Goals Linky. (This is NOT the linky for the contest entries – see below.)
- Be sure to click on some of the other links in the Linky to cheer your Team ROW80 members on in their quest.
- Use the #ROW80 hashtag often – for chatting, word sprints, or to share posts that will help other people achieve their goals.
My Goals for Round 4
I will get detailed on that one in the Wedneday check-in because this post isn’t really about ME – it’s about you and the fun we’re going to have for the next 24 hours!!!
Rock The Row – Party Details
- Theme: “Rock the Row”
How you want to reflect the theme in your photo or blog is up to you. I leave it to your outrageously creative imagination!
- Date: October 5th, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM EST in the U.S.
That’s 9:01 pm PST, 10:01 MST…you get the picture. The party continues throughout the day – just hop on when it works for you and join the fun. :-)
- Party’s at the #ROW80 hashtag.
Fire up your Tweet Deck or HootSuite and let’s get jiggy with it. Note: If you don’t know how to make a column in Tweet Deck, click here for Patrick Thunstrom’s wonderful Tweet Deck Learning Guide.
- Photo and Blog Competitions:
Details are below!
To enter the photo competition:
- Take a photo that reflects the “Rock The Row” theme. Go find one on the internet if you like (just give credit, OK?).
- Upload it during the party and alert me @jhansenwrites, or my splendid co-host @NicoleBasaraba, if you want us to include it in the competition. (YFrog or Twitpic are good apps for photos)
- Creativity is a plus. In the #DevilColony party for James Rollins’ book launch, my favorite two pics were:
– Kristen Lamb with her hair in big rollers, singing into a hairbrush, and
– Piper Bayard carrying a tray of deviled eggs, wearing her bellydancing garb and holding a sword in her teeth.
- Nicole Basaraba and I will each pick our faves and send them to Kait to decide the top five (5). Team Row80 members will take a poll to decide the final winner.
- The winner of the photo contest receives an e-book copy of Kait’s fantastic book, Red.
- p.s. This is in the spirit of fun, so please don’t get bent if you don’t make the finals.
To enter the blog competition:
- Create a blog that reflects the “Rock The Row” theme. (Here was my first post – here’s Nicole’s…LOVE her “Party Rock Anthem!”)
- Creativity is a plus, as are good graphics.
- Nicole and I will look at the comments on our ROW80 blogs for recommendations of top picks. In addition, we’ll each pick our faves and haggle about them in private.🙂
- Top picks will go to Kait Nolan to be included in a mash-up on the ROW80 Blog. Blog competition prize is inclusion in Kait’s mash-up and bragging rights.
- This is great publicity for you, so start creating.
- To enter the blog competition, click here for the newest ROW80 blog on the contest (caution: this is not the post that says “State Your Goals!”)
My party co-host, Nicole Basaraba, also has Alberta Ross guest posting today on ROW80 and doing a book give-away. Free books, you say?! *running to Nicole’s site…*
Questions anyone? Are you READY TO ROCK THE ROW?? If so, I’ll see you online at the #ROW80 hashtag.🙂