Back in early July, I joined up with The Life List Club as their August contributing writer. (Each month we take on a new contributor for the bi-weekly blog hops.) Here we are, less than three months later, having a Milestone Party!
For those of you who are new, this is where all the Club members post their progress and give away something really groovy. It might be a book, a prize or some publicity but we’re all doing it and the prizes are very cool.
I am giving away two prizes – one to a commenter on this post and one to a subscriber. If you do either of those things, I will enter you into the hat for your choice of the following:
- A guest post by me at your blog.
- An interview of you and promotion of your cause/site here at More Cowbell.
Both items should be a BLAST and I hope you’ll join in by commenting below or clicking on the “Sign Me Up!” subscribe button in the upper right of this screen (by my picture). Maybe you’d like to do both…don’t be shy!
Other prizes (below in blue):
- David N. Walker – 2 Prizes, 2 winners
To a lucky commenter, a copy of a short story, Bubba’s First Cruise
To a lucky subscriber, a guest post swap.
- Diana Ligaya – 2 Prizes (her post’ll be up soon!)
A copy of Joseph Campbell’s book, The Hero with a Thousand Faces
An in-depth critique for fiction up to 15,000 words.
- Emily Moir – 1 prize, 1 winner
Emily is giving away a 5 piece (4X6) photo series by Kate Moir.
- Jennie Bennett – 2 prizes to 2 winners
3 books: Oliver Twist, Secret Garden and A Little Princess
10-page in depth critique
- Jess Witkins – Prize to 1 winner
One lucky subscriber gets a signed copy of Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- Marcia Richards – Package of prizes to 1 winner
To one lucky subscriber:
A copy of flash fiction, Night Moves.
An invitation to guest post or be interviewed on my blog.
The winner’s name used for a character in my trilogy, The Dance and The Dancer
- Pamela Hawley Pkg of prizes to 1 winner
Winner’s choice of one of the following:
- Excerpt from her novel-in-progress or a copy of her short story, Elevated.
- Interview the winner on their goals and ambitions for a future post in Hawleyville.
- Option to publish a piece of their own fiction/essay (up to 2,000 words) or do a guest post at Hawleyville.
- Sonia Medeiros – Prize to 1 winner
Sonia is giving away a copy of Larry Brooks’ Story Engineering e-book
- Violeta Nedkova – Prize to 1 winner
Violeta is Lyn Midnight! She’s giving an in-depth critique of two chapters of your WIP
Be sure to visit all Life List Club blog hop sites – these hops are every other Friday! You can click on each person’s name above or find the entire LLC Blogroll in my right sidebar. Click here for my first Life List Club post (on Gene Lempp’s site) called Playing To Your Strengths. It got a seal of approval from Kristen Lamb – WOOT!
What exactly is The Life List Club?
The best definition of The Life List can be found here. The Life List Club is about connecting, and publicly stating some life goals you’d like to accomplish over the next 12 months (for me that will be by the next 4th of July). It’s about encouraging others in their goals.
Below, I highlighted the goals I’ve achieved in green. The rest are a work in progress. Those that I’ve decided are unfeasible, I’ve crossed out.
Jenny’s Life List
- Finish the polished first draft of my high-risk pregnancy memoir.
- Visit ROW80 blogs and bloggers every week – encourage at least two new people.
- Exercise a minimum of 3 hours a week.
- Try kickboxing classes at 24-Hour Fitness.
- Send the rest of last year’s presents – with death, moving and baby I’ve been pitiful in this department. (I’ve gotten some out and am trying to find the others. Oy.)
- Make more time for reading – at least two hours per week.
- Implement guest bloggers on More Cowbell (Life List Club is the start of that!).
- Research climbing vines for the back yard perimeter wall – plant them.
- Create an area to plant potatoes – plant them.
- Plant the 3 bags of bulbs in my garage!
- Read “Save The Cat” and Christopher Vogler’s “The Writer’s Journey.”
- Take Bob Mayer’s Warrior Writer again when I have time to devote to it.
- Take two courses from Margie Lawson’s Lawson Writer’s Academy.
- Look into teaching at LWA or elsewhere online.
- Attend the 2012 DFW Conference (I’ve started saving for this.)
- Begin submitting freelance pieces to build writing income.
- Take Baby Girl to Gymboree at least 1x per month.
Take Baby Girl to Story Hour at the library at least 1x per month.(Didn’t care for this.)
- Entertain at home every few months.
- Have one night a week that belongs solely to my honey. (We’ve managed this about every other week so far.)
Have you made a Life List yet? Are you willing to share a goal here? If you’re not to that place yet, we’d love to hear about the last milestone you’ve achieved in your life. Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!
Good luck achieving your dreams!
Attention: Writers! A writer who would like to become a contributor at The Life List Club, guest posting with us, please contact Marcia Richards: marichards320 AT yahoo.com or Jess Witkins: jessi.witkins AT gmail.com. At this time, the Life List Club accepts one new contributing writer per month. Membership is open to all – just state your goals publicly on your site and come see us on Twitter at #LifeListClub.