Wednesday updates are very hit and miss because Monday and Tuesday are back-breaking days each week, but I will be more diligent on the Sunday updates.
- This continues to be a very fun goal area for me, so of course I’m knocking it out of the park with 4-5 posts each week.
- Last Thursday’s blog, titled Do Writers Read Differently Than Non-Writers? took off in a way I didn’t expect. Random House posted it to their Facebook page and tweeted it and the hits went crazy last Friday. It was one of those days where you pinch yourself. Since I wrote that post to make my More Cowbell posse laugh, I can only say “thanks a bunch, y’all!”
- I am writing on my pregnancy memoir but it isn’t half as fun as blogging! I’ve written a lot of the fun parts already and I’m having to write the scenes that comprise some of the blackest moments of my pregnancy. Only 800 words this week and each one is like pulling teeth.
- One of my critique partners suggested that I take snippets of the memoir and turn them into a weekend feature on pregnancy and parenting here at More Cowbell. I’d sure love to get some feedback on that! (questions below)
- It is my practice when I post to go to at least two of the update blogs and leave a comment. I do that for pals like Gene Lempp, Catie Rhodes and Jamila Jamison but I need to spread the Love Net a little further over Team Row80.
- Since I’ve been less diligent about checking in, it has spilled over onto the encouragement goal. I’m going to be sure to check in at least once a week from now on.
- The gym isn’t progressing at a very rapid rate but the walking is.
- My husband and I have made a pact that we have to walk to any restaurants we want to go to (the closest is a mile away) and we’ve gotten 5-6 miles of walking in each week doing this.
- I’m taking a 4 mile lunchtime walk every Tuesday. With the walks I’m taking with Baby Girl, I’m getting a minimum of 10 miles walking in each week.
- We do “The Biggest Loser” at work and I came in 3rd this last round (which this time just meant that I didn’t gain weight…LOL). I won $14, which was pretty exciting.
What about you? How are your goals going? Do you have ideas for a catchy title for a pregnancy post on the weekends? What do you think of my idea to crystallize my book thoughts via a blog post? Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!
Have a great week!