A great definition of The Life List can be found here. The Life List Club is about connecting, and publicly stating some life goals you’d like to accomplish over the next 12 months (for me that will be by the next 4th of July). It’s about encouraging others in their goals.
I cannot believe how hard it was to sit down and compile this list. I’ve got ROW80 Goals but those are writing goals. This is a list of goals that address every area of my life, including the messy parts, and I found it to be much scarier.
Being scared just makes me put on my Big Girl Panties and forge ahead so here goes…
Jenny’s Life List
- Finish the polished first draft of my high-risk pregnancy memoir.
- Visit ROW80 blogs and bloggers every week – encourage at least two new people.
- Exercise a minimum of 3 hours a week.
- Try kickboxing classes at 24-Hour Fitness.
- Send the rest of last year’s presents – with death, moving and baby I’ve been pitiful in this department.
- Make more time for reading – at least two hours per week.
- Implement guest bloggers on More Cowbell (Life List Club is the start of that!).
- Research climbing vines for the back yard perimeter wall – plant them.
- Create an area to plant potatoes – plant them.
- Plant the 3 bags of bulbs in my garage!
- Read “Save The Cat” and Christopher Vogler’s “The Writer’s Journey.”
- Take Bob Mayer’s Warrior Writer again when I have time to devote to it.
- Take two courses from Margie Lawson’s Lawson Writer’s Academy.
- Look into teaching at LWA or elsewhere online.
- Attend the 2012 DFW Conference
- Begin submitting freelance pieces to build writing income.
- Take Baby Girl to Gymboree at least 1x per month.
- Take Baby Girl to Story Hour at the library at least 1x per month.
- Entertain at home every few months.
- Have one night a week that belongs solely to my honey.
The Current Life List Club Blogroll:
- Gary Gauthier
- Jenny Hansen (retired from posting in April)
- Sonia Medeiros
- Marcia Richards
- Lara Schiffbauer
- David N. Walker
- Jess Witkins
Be sure to visit all Life List Club blog and support these tremendous bloggers!
Attention: Writers! A writer who would like to become a contributor at The Life List Club, guest posting with us, please contact Marcia Richards: marichards320 AT yahoo.com or Jess Witkins: jessi.witkins AT gmail.com. At this time, the Life List Club accepts one new contributing writer per month. (I’m so honored to be the August addition!) Membership is open to all – just state your goals publicly on your site and come see us on Twitter at #LifeListClub.
Care to share your Life List, or parts of it?