Welcome to the blog about MORE...
- How Do You Find The Answers Inside You?
- Undie Chronicles, Volume 22: Undies Unplugged
- 10 Minutes of Hilarity…Just For You
- “Down Time Hobbies” and Other Fun Mysteries
- Are You A “Schmuck Bait” Addict?
- World Autism Awareness — Will You Celebrate It?
- A Game of Balls, If You Know What I Mean…
- Undie Chronicles, Volume 21: The Commando Conundrum
- Ring Your Cowbell: It’s Time for ‘Pimp and Promote!’
- 5 New OneNote Features That’ll Make Your Creative Life Easier
- 3 Posts That Made My Cowbell Clang
- 4 Spooky Beauty Tips From “Back in the Day”
- #Writing Talents and Skills Thesaurus Entry: Sewing goo.gl/S9gUQ6 via @AngelaAckerman 2 hours ago
- The key to great writing – #AtoZChallenge goo.gl/IsxvNS via @theworld4realz 3 hours ago
- Are you your hardest editor? --> Nobody told me THIS sad fact about #selfpub-ing! goo.gl/Ydef7T via @Brit_Blaise 5 hours ago
- RT @christineotis @HuffingtonPost: 5 simple tricks to get you focused: huff.to/1jNFRoY #productivity << Love this! 7 hours ago
Jenny on Facebook
Category Archives: Inspiration
“If you can eliminate the outside noise, you’ll find that the answers are inside you.“ Russell Simmons, co-founder of Def Jam Recordings When I travel, I always make sure to read the flight magazines. Not only do I find out … Continue reading
Several years ago, my pal Dayna called me and said, “I’m walking down a new path, starting today. I’m going to have a love affair with myself. I’m taking a room at the beach and doing nothing but be kind to myself … Continue reading
Yesterday, my brother posted this on Facebook – 40 Effed Up Things About Being 40 – and his crowd went wild. The author of the post, Amy Wruble, from Carriage Before Marriage is awesome, but in this case I’m going to disagree with … Continue reading
“There isn’t any secret. You sit down and you start and that’s it.” ~ Elmore Leonard This month I’m taking a course with Margie Lawson called Defeating Self-Defeating Behaviors, which I would recommend to anyone. Margie might have geared the course toward writers, … Continue reading
I don’t know why, but I’m always looking for big message in a little space. Anne Lamott advises writers to: “Keep a one-inch picture frame on your desk to remind yourself that for each moment, you only have to write as much as you can see through a one-inch picture frame.” In other words, when a whole project is overwhelming, break it into little pieces or as she says, “don’t try to eat the elephant in one sitting.”
I think of that one-inch picture frame all the time… Continue reading
If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. — Vinny vG. Yep, that “Vinny vG” was a do-er. [That’s Vincent van Gogh to the rest of us, in … Continue reading
Harvey Mackay is one of my favorite columnists because he always makes me think about multiple topics. For example, I might go to him for a business lesson and come away with a family or writing lesson. Case in point: … Continue reading
Anyone who hangs out here at More Cowbell knows I find life and people to be endlessly entertaining. On Facebook the other day, I saw this update from Kelley Harvey: Maxine ALWAYS hits the nail on the ass. I do … Continue reading
Several years ago, I went to a motivational seminar and saw Zig Ziglar live. Two words: Life Changing. He wasn’t a young man by any means but he was the guy with the most energy and enthusiasm. I’ve never figured … Continue reading