February has been a challenging month so far at the Hansen House and I’m heeding the call of the Universe to REST. The last two weeks have been full of fevers and croup for Babykins, and then for me. I spent Valentine’s Day in bed, and not in a good way if you know what I mean.
I’ve plowed through nearly all of my reserve blog posts and I’m behind in my February class at Lawson Writer’s Academy. It’s time to catch up, and catch my breath a bit.
I’m taking a sabbatical until the beginning of March…with a few exceptions:
~ This Thursday’s Beauty of a Woman blog post ~
Last year’s posts made me laugh and cry, and I’m so delighted to be part of this for BOAW-Two. If you’d like to participate, hurry up and click here. I’ve given you the gist below.
“What should I write about?”
Anything related to the theme, which is based on Sam Levinson’s poem, The Beauty of a Woman. If you’re stuck, consider answering one of the following questions:
- What does beauty mean to you?
- Who is the most beautiful woman in your life, and why?
- When have you felt most beautiful?
- How do you maintain positive body image? How have you overcome poor body image?
- What are you willing to do to better embrace and recognize your own beauty?
- What’s your most embarrassing “beauty moment?”
- If you could write to your younger self, or anyone, and instill a stronger sense of self acceptance, what would you say?
- Pre-Conference Social Hour:
Thursday, 2/21 – 8 to 10 pm
- Day 1: 8 am to 10:30 pm, all times EST
- Day 2: 10 am to 11:30 pm, all times EST
Note: I’m closing Day 1 with ninety minutes of LinkedIn magic. Did you see my Friday post on LinkedIn at Kristen Lamb’s blog? It was a fun day (besides the croup part).
Other groovy happenings:
- Surprise Pajama Sunday – Feb 24th from 11AM-1PM EST
- Exclusive event for Dual-Day Attendees – Prizes & Special Presentations
- “WANA Mama” Kristen Lamb gives a sneak peek of one of her most popular seminars.
Friday Posts for the SocialIn Network
For any of you who keep track of your local markets via the SocialIn/SocialN site in your area, I post every Friday. I’ve been doing it on the down-low for a few months and figured it was time to come out of the closet to my peeps. I’ve listed all the markets alphabetically below.
Social “In” sites:
- http://socialinjax.com (Jacksonville)
Social “N” Sites
I’ll still be online, keeping up with all of you and interacting on social media, but it’s going to be a bit quieter here at More Cowbell for a few weeks. Please keep the energy flowing my direction. I need it to get back to 100% and come roaring out of the gate.
More Cowbell will begin it’s third year next month with the official blogiversary coming April 1st. This is your chance to make your wishes known. What would you like to see more (or less) of in the coming year? Is there a topic you’ve been wanting to see me post on for a while? Don’t be shy…tell us all about it in the comments section!