Last Friday, I did a guest post about “getting naked” on your blog. Yep, I talked about just stripping it all off and hanging your naked passion out for the world.
There’s magic in being authentic.
All month long, whenever I get intrigued or mesmerized by the magic of a post, I add it to a draft post called Links That Rock My World. When the list gets big, I share it with all of you!
Without further ado, here’s all the magic I’ve jotted down for you since the beginning of the year. Note: If you’ve seen me commenting on your blog, I already think you’re magic. I’m looking to introduce you to some new fun places.
I’ll start by taking a page out of Gene Lempp’s book with a Featured Posts area.
I love a great mashup as much as the next writer. That being said, there are two that I try never to miss each week: Gene Lempp’s Saturday Blog Treasures and Elizabeth Craig’s Sunday Twitterific. You cannot go wrong spending your weekends with these two!
Laughter and Inspirational Magic:
- It all started when The Bloggess wrote about Beyonce, the giant metal chicken. Then we progressed to towels. Finally we graduated to stickers. I can’t describe it – you must read the posts, which are FUNNY AS HELL.
- Kristen Lamb’s post, Making Peace with Thunder Thighs!, encouraged me to be kinder to my body. The entire Beauty of a Woman blogfest by August McLaughlin was inspiring beyond belief.
- My favorite Valentine’s post this month was Foibles by K.B. Owen. Now that’s love.
- Marcy Kennedy’s guest post for Jessica O’Neal: Icarus and My Fear of the Sun. AMAZING post about the fears that keep us from our dreams.
- The creators of South Park visit an NYU freshman writing class. The way they describe what makes writing boring vs. not boring is fabulous.
- Susan Spann‘s article, WHO Done It – The Use of Pen Names in Publishing was fascinating to me. If you don’t follow her #PubLaw hashtag on Twitter, you’re missing out.
- An agent’s take on why a book gets rejected.
Social Media Magic:
- Roni Loren‘s post, Author Websites: Layering Yours With Sticky Extras, got me thinking.
- Mashable’s post on 21 Must-Follow Pinterest Users got me excited about Pinterest!
- Copyblogger’s post on Pinterest marketing piqued my interest even further.
- Only Chuck Wendig can get me excited about making soup – here’s his recipe for Butternut Squash soup. Read it and see if you aren’t (a) hungry and (b) laughing.
- About.com rocked my world with this one: 15 Tips for Baking Better Gluten-Free Bread – Oooohhhh….
- Tom Wisk sent me to Anne Burrell at the Food Network for this one – I was working late and it made me SO hungry (gluten-free!) – Butternut Squash & Pork Lasagna!
One last fun tidbit for you:
Best blog title EVER – 5 Things You Should Do To Lose Your Blogging Virginity Like a Slut.
OK, there’s NINETEEN links from me to you on this fine Techie Tuesday. Who can give me #20?? What are the standout posts that have come across your screen this last week? Fill me in on the latest and greatest excitement in your corner of the blog-o-verse. Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!