The party is coming! The party is coming! ONE WEEK from today, the #ROW80 hashtag is going to light up like the stage at a rock concert.
Yes, that’s right, on Oct. 5th there’s going to a be celebration for:
- All of us who just finished Round 3 of ROW80.
- Anyone who plans to post their goals and dive into Round 4.
- The amazing people who supported Round 3′s writers (y’all REALLY deserve a drink!)
If you’re scratching your head, wondering what the hell ROW80 is, click here. Round 4 is the last round for 2011 so I hope to see every one of you there, pushing to start or finish those WIPs by the end of the year.
- Theme: “Rock the Row”
However you want to work that in is great. I leave it to your outrageously creative imagination!
- Date: October 5th, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM ET in the U.S.
This also happens to be the first day of check-in so there should be a ton of ROW80 fun happening around the blogosphere.
- Party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag.
Fire up your Tweet Deck or HootSuite and let’s get jiggy with it.
- Photo Competition:
You can start now…we won’t tell. Start digging for or taking photos that reflect the theme. We’ll do our best to gather them and decide on the best to spotlight in a post at the ROW80 blog. One the readers vote, the 1st place winner gets a copy of Kait Nolan’s latest book, Red, in e-book format!!
- Friendly Blog Competition
We will also post a mash-up of favorite ROCK THE ROW posts at the Row80 blog.
I’ll start getting some polls ready so you can all vote on these things.
And the dancing? Fuggedaboutit!! At my last Twitter party, I was dancing on top of a table with Terrell Mims doing “James Rollins Jello Shots” while Piper Bayard passed out deviled eggs and Kristen Lamb belted out “Highway to Hell” on the karaoke machine.
It was a blast. Maybe for THIS party, Natalie Hartford will bring her truck with the hitch stripper pole… Perhaps our Pale Mistress of Exceptional Bellydancing, Piper Bayard, will show up and give us lessons. This is assuming she can take time from her campaign for president (she’s got my vote – how about you?).
I think the main event might end up being the Party Rock shuffle that Nicole Basaraba has started at her place – click here to watch the video. (It’s also #11 on my playlist!) I need to get me some of those pants!
I made a soundtrack for the last party and I won’t do less for our #ROW80 Extravaganza.
I bring you my first draft of the “Rock The Row” playlist! Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I want to tweak this through the week until we have the perfect party tunes.
- Crocodile Rock – 1973 – Elton John
- For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) – 1981/1982 – AC/DC
- The Heart Of Rock & Roll – 1984 – Huey Lewis & the News
- Here We Go Let’s Rock & Roll – 1991 – C&C Music Factory
- I Love Rock ‘N Roll – 1982 – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- I Wanna Rock – 1984 – Twisted Sister
- It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll – 1974 – The Rolling Stones
- Jailhouse Rock - 1957 – Elvis Presley
- Let’s Get Rocked – 1992 – Def Leppard
- Party Like A Rockstar – 2007 – Shop Boyz
- Party Rock Anthem – 2011 – LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
- Rock And Roll (it’s been a long time since I rock and rolled) – 1972 – Led Zeppelin
- Rock And Roll All Nite – 1975/1976 – Kiss
- Rock And Roll Music – 1957 – Chuck Berry (or The Beatles version)
- Rock Around The Clock – 1955 – Bill Haley and His Comets (What a classic!)
- R.O.C.K. In The USA – 1986 – John Cougar Mellencamp
- Rock Lobster – 1979 – B-52′s
- Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy – 1979 – Bad Company
- Rock Of Ages – 1983 – Def Leppard
- Rock The Casbah -1983 – The Clash
- Rock This Country!– 1997 – Shania Twain
- Rock This Town – 1982 – Stray Cats
- Rockin’ Robin – 1972 – Jackson 5 (If you want to see Michael look like Michael…)
- We Will Rock You (we will, we will rock you) – 1978 – Queen
And since it’s a Twitter party, where we dance together only in our fertile imaginations, here’s #25 to get me fired up to start Dancing With Myself. This is a Billy Idol tune, one of my favorite college dance songs.
(Plus, I could NOT pass up the video of Shania and crew, singing #21 in Silver Lamé!)
I’ve gotta run and go find a table to dance on! Carry on, bloggers…carry on! For any of you that are also posting on the Twitter party at your blog, please include a link to your post in the comments so everyone can click over to the party at your place too. Check below for links to several amazing Rock the ROW party posts – click HERE to add your Party Post to the LinkyTools.
Are there songs that I missed for the party soundtrack? Do you plan to start Round 4 next week? Have you already decided on your goals? Enquiring minds always want to know here at More Cowbell!
DON’T FORGET! Tomorrow is Part 2 of the Dirty Fighting Contest posts with Naked Editor’s analysis of the entries. This is a do-not-miss post for all you writers!